From Kaplan Publishing....
Kaplan Publishing, the publisher of a broad range of educational and consumer books by and for healthcare providers, is now accepting stories for a new and exciting anthology, Beyond Borders: Nurses’ Stories about Working Abroad.
Kaplan wants nurses from all over the world to reveal what it's like to practice nursing outside their hometowns, in places like the United States, Jamaica, France, Indonesia and beyond.
Whether confronted with unfamiliar cultural norms, new medical language, or greater or fewer resources than you would experience at home, your story will open a window into the commonalties and cultural differences in how the art and science of nursing is practiced around the globe.
- Tell your story. If you are a nurse’s aid, a nurse, or a nurse practitioner please share your unique experience of working somewhere other than your native country. If you have a story of working in a town that is culturally very different from your hometown, we hope you will share this story as well. Tell us how your experience has shaped the person that you are today.
- Make us laugh, make us cry; allow your words to open a broader world for your readers.
- All stories must be true and you must you retain the copyright if previously published.
- Story Length:1,000 – 2,500 words
- Submit stories in Microsoft Word, 12-point Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- Each submission should include your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Tell a story that has a beginning, middle, and end.
- Write from your heart about a life-changing or life-defining experience.
- Multiple submissions are welcome.
- All manuscripts selected for publication will be subject to editing.
- Before final acceptance, you will receive an agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of publication.
- Submission Deadline: April 10, 2009
- Payment:$100 if published, along with two complimentary copies of the book
By Email - BeyondBorders@live.com Please put your story title in the subject line. You can type the story into the body of the email, or send as an attachment. Please note that stories should not be submitted to this e-mail address!
By Mail - Only a paper copy of the story – no disks or CDs please.
Kaplan Publishing – Beyond Borders
P.O. Box 51
Wever, IA 52658 USA
Due to the volume of submissions we cannot acknowledge receipt or provide status updates.
The Kaplan Voices: Nurses editorial team